Friday, October 26, 2012

No Hope Left?

The NHL has many of us shaking in our skates (or on our couches) right now as we tear the pages off our calendars.
No-Hockey November is in the rumor mill now --
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-nhl-reportedly-cancels-all-november-games-20121026,0,7985509.story


Ultimately, I just want hockey. I don't care what the contracts say. They could pay the players the equivalent of my salary and if they all agreed on it, I would be ecstatic.
Woohoo! They can't afford cool stuff, either, but they're playing hockey!!!

With that said. I don't like Gary Bettman and the owners. I don't like the way they deal. It's a shady business. They're sleazy and it makes me uncomfortable.

If this article was supposed to change that notion, they failed miserably. If you made a bad business investment (ice hockey in Phoenix, for example) and continue to dole out contracts for players you can't afford, don't expect me to feel sorry for you.
If you then bully the players when they try to meet your contract proposal with THREE offers that, for shame, require you to meet the contracts you signed, well no pity party from my.

You lost my respect when you used the tragic death of an NHL player for a PR spin. And now you're only making it worse.

It's time for the next round of letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment